New Life Church Women’s Department consists of boards, auxiliaries and units which provide teaching, training and ministry opportunities. We foster spiritual, emotional and intellectual growth by continually creating, implementing and updating programs for all ages of women, youth and children. The Women’s Department is a supportive arm of our Pastor and the Vision God gave him for such a time as this. We also endeavor to maintain a focus aligned with the vision of the District, Jurisdiction and National Church. We are committed to the values and biblical principles and foundation of holiness with participation and monetary support.
The women of New Life are affectionately referred to as GEMS. We adopted the acronym G.E.M.S., which stands for God’s Empowered and Mighty Servants. (Ephesians 6:10-11). A gem is a precious and valuable stone, which has been cut, polished and engraved. Many gems are priceless, as they are unique in every way, and no two are the same. There are all sorts G.E.M.S. such as white diamonds, red rubies, pretty pearls and rare black opals. G.E.M.S. take time to be perfected, and they signify affluence in the eyes of the Father. Remember that you are worth more than silver and gold, and you shine to glorify God in your exclusive and priceless beauty. Scripture tells us that we are an extension of God and made in His image; therefore, He chose to make us worthy of His greatness (Genesis 1:26-27). Remember that we are G.E.M.S. and we are fearfully and wonderfully created by Him! (Psalm 139:14).
- Our EMBLEM is the Butterfly (Representing how God takes us through a process and makes us beautiful from the inside out)
- Our PRIMARY COLOR is Pink. (Representing a graceful, gentleness with caring compassion of love toward others)
- Our ACCESSORIES are butterfly jewelry, diamonds and pearls. (Reminding us that we are beautiful women of wisdom; some as sparkling diamonds formed from coals and others as precious pearls formed through the sand residuals of our tests and trials.)
Boards, Auxiliaries & Units
- Church Mother’s Board The Church Mother’s Board consists of the seasoned women in the church ages 60+ who have the characteristics of a Titus 2 woman; teaching women to be good homemakers and how to love their husbands and their children. This board functions to help develop strong, spirit-filled godly women. The Church Mothers should be women who are spirit-filled, sound minded, full of wisdom, respected and appreciated in their homes, churches, and communities.
- Christian Women’s Council (CWC) The mission of the Christian Women’s Council is to educate others in the principles and practices of holiness and saintly living. This council serves as mentors for women ages 41 and over; enabling them to establish and maintain Godly standards in church behavior, community relationships, home building, child development, self-improvement, and thus become soul winners.
- Young Women’s Christian Council (YWCC) The Young Women’s Christian Council is an organization that ministers to young women ages 18-40, married or single. YWCC encourages holy living and dedication to Christian Service in the church and community. YWCC also addresses numerous concerns of young women which may include: finding a mate, home building, meal planning, parenting, child care and development, understanding teenagers, marital issues, etc. Although YWCC serves women aged 18-40, it includes the fellowship and instruction of mature women and mothers who serve as teachers and council mothers for this organization.
- Prayer and Bible Band The mission of Prayer and Bible Band is to encourage individuals and families to build their spiritual lives through the study of God’s Word, combined with prayer, with the expectation that following the instructions given in the Word, they will be able to lead others to Christ.